App store optimization is characterized by a number of techniques aimed at organic positioning in app stores.
Grow your business,
Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
April 6, 2021 6 min read
This article was translated using AI technologies from our Spanish edition. Errors can occur due to this process.
The opinions expressed by the entrepreneur’s contributors are their own.
By Juliana Santos, SpicyMinds web specialist
The app industry is considered a very competitive market based on data from Business of Apps from 2020. Because of this, one of the big mistakes when developing an application is launching it in the appropriate app stores and expecting users to search for it and download it. According to the Business of Apps, 2.5 million apps were created on the Play Store and 3.4 million on the App Store in 2020, with thousands of new apps added every day to that number. As with searches on the Internet, users are interested in the first 10 results in the list. But how do you get them to find you with so many results available? We start by answering and ask ourselves the following question:
What is ASO?
App Store Optimization, better known as ASO. The strategy characterized by a series of techniques aimed at organic positioning in the App Store (Apple) and the Google Play Store.
It is based on the same concept of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), but its actions are focused on optimizing apps designed for mobile devices with the aim of: achieving the best positions in search engines in the market apps of your category , have good brand visibility that users are interested in downloading it and keeping it active on their device. To achieve this goal, we need to focus not only on the titles, descriptions and keywords, but also consider the visual elements and the good user experience.
Since this is a strategy, it needs to be executed and the results it generates must be constantly monitored and the necessary adjustments made. This will require adding new actions that will help maintain its position among the best and most recommended apps.
ASO techniques aimed at organic positioning in the App Store and Google Play Store / Image: Depositphotos.com
On the other hand, what would be the advantages of a good positioning in the market apps?
- Increased visibility: the better the positioning of the application, the more likely it is to be known and downloaded. > Product Quality: Knowing what users think and keeping track of their feedback means you can keep updating and improving the apps. This ensures that users are satisfied, give a good rating and rating, build trust and in turn turn out to be a quality product that attracts more new users.
- Competition: Since this is a little-known technique, if done well, it will usually produce better search results than competition. So if you don’t know a lot about them, it’s time to keep reading this article.
We give you 5 important factors that you need to consider. This will help you to improve the positioning of your app in the market apps
1st title: It’s not just the name! The title can give the user an idea of what the application is about. This title must be linked to its symbol. These two factors are the first approach that your future users will take with the app. Up to 30 characters are allowed in the AppStore and up to 50 characters in the PlayStore. You can add a value keyword next to the name for better visibility during searches.
2. Icon: It is the most relevant visual element as it gives your users the first visual impression of the app. A creative and attractive symbol represents the quality of the design. This is important so that users can know the app and think about downloading it.
3. Description: It is usually one of the most challenging elements. It’s not just about writing a summary and the user can easily understand what the purpose of the application is and what it is about. The description is one of the best ways to improve visibility and ranking as the text invites the user to download.
4. Keywords: one of the most important elements of the OSA. Because of their high impact on search algorithms, keywords can cause the app to appear two to four times more often in results. To do this, it is important to research the keyword platforms that are the best depending on the category and topic of the application. It is recommended to choose keywords with high search volume and low competition for great results.
5. Ratings: Although a rating is not directly controlled, users rate their personal experience with the app and confirm that the content, design and usability are in line with those suggested in the descriptions and images. Each experience is unique, which is why many people consider user feedback before downloading to be a deciding factor.
After downloading, interacting directly with the reviews is important in order to know what your users think and understand if they have had positive or negative experiences with the product, or if there is new room for improvement.
Support channels are important in case there is a problem or you have difficulty using them. They are not only used to fix bugs, but also to avoid negative feedback, satisfy the comments, and give positive ratings.