(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Fuel your business’ transition into the digital age with this insightful and comprehensive resource
Digital Business Transformation: How Established Companies Sustain Competitive Advantage offers readers a framework for digital business transformation. Written by Nigel Vaz, the acclaimed CEO of Publicis Sapient, a global digital business transformation company, Digital Business Transformation delivers practical advice and approachable strategies to help businesses realize their digital potential.
Digital Business Transformation provides readers with examples of the challenges faced by global organizations and the strategies they used to overcome them. The book also includes discussions of:
- How to decide whether to defend, differentiate, or disrupt your organization to meet digital challenges
- How to deconstruct decision-making throughout all levels of your organization
- How to combine strategy, product, experience, engineering, and data to produce digital results
Perfect for anyone in a leadership position in a modern organization, particularly those who find themselves responsible for transformation-related decisions, Digital Business Transformation delivers a message that begs to be heard by everyone who hopes to help their organization meet the challenges of a changing world.
From the Publisher
New tools in the book
The SPEED capabilities are the essence of what it means to be a digital company and will continue to evolve over time. SPEED stands for Strategy – developing and testing your hypothesis on priority value pools. Product – evolving at pace and scale. Experience – how you can enable value for customers. Engineering – delivering on your promise at pace and scale. Data – validating hypotheses and uncovering insights for constant iteration.
The D-3 Model – Defend, Differentiate, Disrupt
Determine ‘where to play?’ by looking at your market differently. Will you Defend, and serve existing markets and audiences? Will you Differentiate, by advancing your digital capability to enter new markets and audiences? Or will you Disrupt, and create markets and audiences through new business models and ventures?
How to Win
The three models of transformation are Evolve, Attack or Jump. When you choose to Evolve, you incrementally transform toward a more effective future model. To Attack you launch a new proposition, which generates a new revenue stream. When you Jump, you create a new shell onto which the existing business can migrate.
Ten components of successful Digital Business Transformation
1. Always remember the ultimate goals of DBT: Creating an organization that can continually change at pace with the changes around it; Constructing the capability to identify and realize value through digital for your customers and business
2. Align the team around a shared vision
3. Get C-level buy in
4. Anchor in outcomes
5. Seize your quick wins and communicate
6. Move fast
7. Be thoughtful about your governance choices
8. Choose partners who will co-create and are a fit for your team
9. Keep your teams small and cross-functional
10. Consider new approaches to funding that match the way projects work